Grow with Hughes-Castell
Hughes-Castell, multi-award-winning legal recruitment and executive search firm, was established in London in 1985 and Hong Kong in 1986. We were the first legal recruitment consultancy in Asia, providing in-depth coverage of the Asia-Pacific region. Hughes-Castell has pioneered legal and compliance recruitment in Greater China, ASEAN and in developing markets and was the among first specialist firms to recruit lawyers in places such as Vietnam, India, Korea, and Thailand.
We have spent more than 35 years advising clients and lawyers on leadership succession, recruitment and professional development across Asia Pacific and built a strong reputation with top Fortune/Fortune Global corporations, financial services institutions and international/Chinese law firms across the region.
For Hughes-Castell, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and our employees’ well-being. We have a diverse cultural mix of Australian, British, Chinese, European and Indian colleagues who provide a culturally robust workplace to boost our interns’ creativity and motivation to achieve exceptional results.
Hughes-Castell’s Industry recognition:
- Best International Recruitment Agency – Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards, 2020
- Best Professional Services Recruitment Agency – Silver Award – Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards, 2020
- Best Client Service – Silver Award – Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards, 2020
- Best Candidate Experience-Agencies – Silver Award – Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards, 2020
- Best Executive Search Agency – Bronze Award – Human Resources Asia Recruitment Awards, 2020
- Recruitment Consultancy of the Year, Hong Kong – Acquisition International 2019 Leading Adviser Awards
- Best Legal and Compliance Recruitment Consultancy – CV Recruitment Awards 2016
- Best in Sector: Legal Recruitment – Acquisition International Sector Performance Awards, 2015
- Best Legal Recruitment Consultancy, Asia 2013 – CFI.co Award
What you will be doing in internship
Hughes-Castell interns work on a wide range of recruitment projects that accelerate career growth and put them in direct contact with our clients and candidates. Our interns will be involved in projects like client relationship management, business development, candidate screening, interviews and market research.
During the duration of an internship, interns can own their projects from start to finish, often seeing these projects to a satisfactory conclusion. At the appropriate time, our consultants provide feedback on the intern’s overall performance, deliverables and skills related to the role and the project expectations.
We provide interns with suitable opportunities to take part in substantial projects. These can be demanding. Because of this, we provide 1-to-1 mentorship and “hands-on” coaching for our interns from experienced consultants who will work to enable their success and help facilitate their career growth. Our consultants will provide guidance on projects, give feedback on key deliverables and work to remove barriers.
Hughes-Castell internship aims to help our interns meet their career goals and learn from our experienced recruitment experts. During an internship, we will provide our interns with a state-of-the-art training program that will put them ahead of the curve as modern, technology-centric recruiting and talent acquisition professionals. Our interns will have access to one of the world-leading recruitment CRM, training videos, articles and other resources to help them along the way.
Who we’re looking for
We have great clients and exciting work. Life is never boring. We are looking for motivated interns to join a team that helps shape people’s lives and make a difference. Activities will include:
- Assisting consultants with market research and talent search
- Gathering the latest industry and market news
- Executing independent research on given positions or industry
- Helping to organize internal/external events and interviews when necessary
Who you are
- Students or recent graduates attaining Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business, Commerce or HR
- Keen interest in the recruitment/executive search industry
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 months internship
- Proficient in oral and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin would be a bonus
- A good team player with high level of maturity and independence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proficient in online search skills and MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer
Hughes-Castell’s most significant value is its people. Our goal is to form the best team by providing our employees with the most appropriate training and career development opportunities. We also embrace the talents and abilities of all kinds.
At Hughes-Castell, the benefits of working with us go beyond the salary. Our internship includes a wide range of elements you need to advance your career development:
- a chance to develop personal relationships with top-tier clients and work on challenging projects
- pivotal learning experience & career development opportunities
- an opportunity to widen your professional network
- a collaborative, reliable and safe work environment
- a reference from MD upon completion of the internship
Contact Vicky Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our intern opportunities.