Welcome! What can we do for you today?
- Legal Move Updates (Oct – Dec 2021)Editor’s note: This is an ongoing list. October 2021 7 October – Weil, Gotshal & Manges (Hong Kong, China) U.S. firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges has hired insolvency expert Kathleen Aka as a partner in Hong Kong from Ropes & Gray. Aka advises on financial restructuring, creditor enforcement, formal insolvency, insolvency litigation, distressed M&A, and distressed secondary debt trading. She joined the Hong Kong office of Ropes & Gray in 2014, and was made a partner in 2018. In 2019, Aka was named on the ALB 40 Under 40 list. (from http://www.legalbusinessonline.com) 7 October – IndusLaw (Mumbai, India) India’s IndusLawContinue reading “Legal Move Updates (Oct – Dec 2021)”
- Advancements in attitudes still being tested by ongoing Covid-19 crisis10 October 2021 is World Mental Health Day, which seems particularly timely as we continue to confront Covid-19. The legal industry, both law firms and in-house departments, are increasingly seeking to promote the importance of an emotionally and mentally healthy workplace and at the same time demonstrate their respect for the rights, diversity, and individual needs of their staff. Most law firms have taken progressive initiatives to promote and support their employees’ mental health and well-being. Covid-19, unfortunately, has had an impact on the mental well-being of many lawyers and has placed them in a potentially more fragile state. DespiteContinue reading “Advancements in attitudes still being tested by ongoing Covid-19 crisis”
- Mishcon de Reya doubles down in Asia with Hong Kong launchBy Sam Kenworthy Mishcon de Reya has always marched to the beat of its own drum, at least under the stewardship of Executive Chairperson Kevin Gold, who became Managing Partner of the firm almost 25 years ago. Then a respected but sleepy London private client/litigation boutique, the firm has built on those foundations to become one of the more eyecatching and innovative firms in the City while essentially remaining true to its roots. This drive to do things differently is exemplified by their stunning London office at Africa House in Holborn, which has been described as “looking more a likeContinue reading “Mishcon de Reya doubles down in Asia with Hong Kong launch”
- Happy 2021 Mid-Autumn Festival𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐝-𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐧 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥!Wishing you a happy, enjoyable, and fun-filled celebration, surrounded by family and friends. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. 中秋节快乐!花好月圆庆中秋! 愿您事事全圆满! #midautumnfestival#chineseculture#festival#lawyer#law#legal#Chinese#China#Beijing#Shanghai#Shenzhen#HongKong#Singapore
- Singapore attracts attention from the US, UK and beyondBy Sam Kenworthy As the Singapore legal market continues to observe internal movement, we have also seen new openings over the past 12 months, not surprising in itself as international firms have long jockeyed for position in the Lion City. However, alongside the headline-grabbing moves of US giants Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and McDermott, Will & Emery, there have also been forays from Korea, the PRC and India. Orrick pivoted from a Hong Kong office focused primarily on private equity and capital markets to an energy and infrastructure-oriented South East Asia offering, with the strategic recruitment of Jon Thursby fromContinue reading “Singapore attracts attention from the US, UK and beyond”
Who We Are
We were the first legal and compliance recruitment consultancy to target Asia, starting in 1985 in London. In 2016, we celebrated over 30 years in Asia Pacific. Hughes-Castell is a specialist recruitment agency that focuses solely on legal and compliance recruitment.
Work With Us
Founded by Helen Castell, a pioneer in legal recruitment, Hughes-Castell takes great pride in her legacy of personal, ethical recruitment advice based on deep-rooted knowledge and understanding.
- Focus: We carefully select and counsel candidates to ensure a truly perfect fit.
- Longevity: We achieve long-lasting, strategic legal and compliance placements.
- Integrity: Expert and ethical recruitment advice to proactively help candidates to achieve a fulfilling, long-term career.
- Commitment: We deliver a timely, highly selective and professional service to exceed expectations.
For more information on in-house/private practice recruitment or opportunities, please give us a call or reach out using the contact form below — let’s start the conversation.
Get in Touch
China Headquarters: Shanghai (86) 21 2206-1200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Us a Message
Copyright Hughes-Castell – All rights reserved