Welcome! What can we do for you today?
- The right time for lawyers to return to the office?Morgan Stanley’s Chief Legal Officer, Eric Grossman, has demanded their outside law firms return their lawyers to the office en masse. However most law firms who act for Morgan Stanley have already incorporated some remote working into their return plans after the pandemic. The request immediately delivers a real headache for firms trying to placate both their key clients and employees. Do they perform a 180 degree turn on agreed terms on the basis of one client’s request? What You Need to Know About Grossman’s Memo In his memo dated 15 July, Grossman asserted that the profession cannot long endureContinue reading “The right time for lawyers to return to the office?”
- Kirkland makes unusual step into Asian Real EstateKirkland & Ellis’ hire of Paul Hastings’ Paul Guan is not necessarily a surprise in the context of the Chicago giant’s enduring interest in swelling its private equity ranks, but a foray into real estate remains a rare occurrence in the Asian legal markets. Whereas the nuts-and-bolts conveyancing remains very much the preserve of local firms with lower overheads in the larger international markets, indeed protected in Singapore’s divided legal system, high-level investment in one of the more stable global asset classes remains out of the cross-hairs of the international players. Back in the early 2000s, Eastern Europe was openingContinue reading “Kirkland makes unusual step into Asian Real Estate”
- Internal Recruitment: Administrative AssistantHughes-Castell (Hong Kong) Limited is the longest established legal recruitment consultancy in Asia. We are currently seeking an administrative assistant with a professional manner for an administrative role to be responsible for day-to-day operations and provide general administrative support to our team based in Sai Ying Pun. We would love to hear from you, if you: Have recently graduated, or already have 1-2 year(s) of experience in an administrative or clerical role Have good computer skills Have an education level of Form 5-7 or HKDSE Have a good command of written & spoken English/Chinese (HKDSE English with Level 2 orContinue reading “Internal Recruitment: Administrative Assistant”
- Internal Recruitment: Recruitment ResearcherHughes-Castell, multi-award-winning legal recruitment and executive search firm, was established in London in 1985 and Hong Kong in 1986. We have spent more than 35 years advising clients and lawyers on leadership succession, recruitment and professional development across Asia Pacific and built a strong reputation with top Fortune/Fortune Global corporations, financial services institutions and international/Chinese law firms across the region. We are currently expanding our team in Hong Kong and are keen to speak with high-calibre Execution/Research specialists. We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and attributes: A good University degree. A Business/Law degree wouldContinue reading “Internal Recruitment: Recruitment Researcher”
- Legal Move Updates (Jul – Sep 2021)Editor’s note: This is an ongoing list. July 2021 16 Jul – Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (Tokyo, Japan) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman has recruited a corporate partner in Tokyo focusing on mergers and acquisitions amid rising deal activity. Jeff Schrepfer joins from Morrison & Foerster where he was a Tokyo partner representing Japanese companies on outbound deals. In 2020, he advised Fujifilm Holdings Corp. on a $2.3 billion acquisition of a remaining 25% stake in its joint venture with Xerox Corp. He’s also acted for Japanese businesses including Nissan Motor, Tokyo Gas and Taisho Pharmaceutical on foreign acquisitions and operations.Continue reading “Legal Move Updates (Jul – Sep 2021)”
Who We Are
We were the first legal and compliance recruitment consultancy to target Asia, starting in 1985 in London. In 2016, we celebrated over 30 years in Asia Pacific. Hughes-Castell is a specialist recruitment agency that focuses solely on legal and compliance recruitment.
Work With Us
Founded by Helen Castell, a pioneer in legal recruitment, Hughes-Castell takes great pride in her legacy of personal, ethical recruitment advice based on deep-rooted knowledge and understanding.
- Focus: We carefully select and counsel candidates to ensure a truly perfect fit.
- Longevity: We achieve long-lasting, strategic legal and compliance placements.
- Integrity: Expert and ethical recruitment advice to proactively help candidates to achieve a fulfilling, long-term career.
- Commitment: We deliver a timely, highly selective and professional service to exceed expectations.
For more information on in-house/private practice recruitment or opportunities, please give us a call or reach out using the contact form below — let’s start the conversation.
Get in Touch
China Headquarters: Shanghai (86) 21 2206-1200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Us a Message
Copyright Hughes-Castell – All rights reserved