Welcome! What can we do for you today?
- Firms look to go green in 2021As firms continue to strive to look beyond the core strategies of improving client service, profitability, market share expansion, talent acquisition, and so on, ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria are becoming increasingly promoted, with firms appointing dedicated senior staff members to oversee multi-pronged programs and initiatives that fall under this banner. Hughes-Castell spoke with many senior women in the legal profession to commemorate International Women’s Day to learn about what is being done and what progress is being made to advance gender equality in the industry [Tackling Gender Diversity in Law in the Covid-19 Era]. Mental health has beenContinue reading “Firms look to go green in 2021”
- How your firm can stand out and hire the “right” lawyers in the post-Covid-19 period?The competition for legal talent remains fierce, even with the pandemic still hampering the economy globally. While approaching the post-pandemic period, law firms, alongside companies across all industries and sectors, in need of new talent will have to hire externally to support their anticipated quick recovery. Therefore, finding the “right” talent is a core driver for growth, especially when organizations are facing unprecedented cost and cash flow pressures caused by the pandemic. How organizations stand out from the crowd and convince the best-suited candidates to join them will define their success. What follows are five tips to help your organizationContinue reading “How your firm can stand out and hire the “right” lawyers in the post-Covid-19 period?”
- Legal Move Updates (April – June 2021)Editor’s note: This is an ongoing list. April 2021 30 Apr – Hall & Wilcox (Newcastle, NSW, Australia) Another partner and his team have left DWF to join a local Australian firm as the exodus from the London-listed firm continues while it downsizes in Australia. Planning and environmental partner Brendan Tobin, a senior assochina.legalbusinessonline.comciate and a lawyer all join Hall & Wilcox’s Newcastle office. (from http://www.law.com) 30 Apr – Helmsman (Singapore, Singapore) Shipping and commodities-focused law firm Helmsman has expanded its corporate capabilities after hiring Lynette Koh to lead its corporate and finance practice in Singapore from Mizuho Bank, whereContinue reading “Legal Move Updates (April – June 2021)”
- Singapore Flings Back in StyleIn the wake of closures of several international firms’ offices in Beijing and Hong Kong over the last 12-24 months it is interesting to observe how firms in this sector recalibrate their Asia strategies. By far the most notable positive recent activity has been seen in Singapore, the City State having previously been a hotbed of office openings and investment during, at various times over the years, the advent of the JLV programs allowing closer integration between foreign and local firms, loosening of local legislation governing mergers between foreign and local firms, a concerted push to establish the Singapore InternationalContinue reading “Singapore Flings Back in Style”
- Leaders in Law: Interview with Sarah WangWhen the AstraZeneca vaccine was first introduced, it was hailed as a milestone in turning the tide on the coronavirus and now is a global gamechanger. In this interview, Sherry talks with Sarah Wang, Deputy General Counsel, International & Japan for AstraZeneca, about her secrets to success in this UK-headquartered pharmaceutical giant. Highly respected in Shanghai’s legal community, Sarah is known for her intelligence, determination and graciousness. Before meeting her, I was told that she is an exceptional lawyer with a charismatic personality. During the interview, I found her to be a likable, engaging, enthusiastic person who often dared toContinue reading “Leaders in Law: Interview with Sarah Wang”
Who We Are
We were the first legal and compliance recruitment consultancy to target Asia, starting in 1985 in London. In 2016, we celebrated over 30 years in Asia Pacific. Hughes-Castell is a specialist recruitment agency that focuses solely on legal and compliance recruitment.
Work With Us
Founded by Helen Castell, a pioneer in legal recruitment, Hughes-Castell takes great pride in her legacy of personal, ethical recruitment advice based on deep-rooted knowledge and understanding.
- Focus: We carefully select and counsel candidates to ensure a truly perfect fit.
- Longevity: We achieve long-lasting, strategic legal and compliance placements.
- Integrity: Expert and ethical recruitment advice to proactively help candidates to achieve a fulfilling, long-term career.
- Commitment: We deliver a timely, highly selective and professional service to exceed expectations.
For more information on in-house/private practice recruitment or opportunities, please give us a call or reach out using the contact form below — let’s start the conversation.
Get in Touch
China Headquarters: Shanghai (86) 21 2206-1200 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Us a Message
Copyright Hughes-Castell – All rights reserved